TREETOPS IS A FUN AND PLAYFUL WAY TO EXPERIENCE THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN OUTDOORS. HOWEVER, WE ARE SERIOUS WHEN IT COMES TO LOOKING AFTER OUR NATURAL PLAYGROUND.
We want to leave future generations our wildlife in a thriving condition. That is why we strive towards maintaining and encouraging a sustainable relationship with the bush. We focus on the protection of nature at all stages of design, construction and operation of our Adventures. We believe it is not only possible to enjoy the wilderness without causing harm, but in fact we can encourage the regeneration of native fauna and flora.
- We operate a weed management and bush regeneration program at each park.
- We have installed nesting boxes for the local fauna.
- We have installed interpretive signage at all our locations to encourage a better understanding and knowledge of the forest, therefore enhancing its protection.
- All our structures are designed to allow trees to grow free of restriction. We do NOT drill through our trees to build platforms or challenges.
- Courses and pathways are only built in areas with a low incidence of native shrubs and groundcovers.
- The quality and colours of materials are chosen meticulously to integrate into the natural surrounds.
- The on-going health of our trees is regularly monitored by an independent arborist.
- At TreeTops we are big on recycling and all waste is removed from the forest. We reuse materials wherever possible. Our Central Coast and Newcastle parks don’t have running water, further helping us maintain a light footprint on our environment.
- We are proud to say our head office is powered by solar panels and all site offices use renewable energy sources for power.
- Best of all, every fun activity we offer is a human-powered adventure. It is your body weight and muscles as opposed to polluting fossil fuels that keep us in business.